Truck Driver - CDL Class A/Hazmat - $1,325 Guaranteed Per Week - $5,000 Sign On Bonus - Black Horse Carriers (Job Number: 2109451)
We are seeking safe, professional, and experienced drivers who are looking for a company to call home. Penske Logistics recently acquired Black Horse Carriers and together, we bring the best the transportation industry has to offer. As a driver for an industry leader, you’ll enjoy exceptional equipment, technology, safety practices, over-the-road support, and service.
• Route/activity: Truck drivers are responsible for delivering automobile parts to customers. Hazmat endorsement required. Home daily!
• Shift: Monday through Friday. 11:45 am dispatch.
• Equipment: Tandem-axle day cabs, 48’-53’ dry van trailers, 28’ box trucks, liftgates, two wheelers, pallet jacks. 24/7 roadside support!
• Compensation: Activity based pay. $1,325 guaranteed per week PLUS a $5,000 sign-on bonus!
• Driving your assigned truck safely and responsibly
• Following all federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
• Reporting problems with your truck, as well as accidents, traffic violations, and damage before and after route
• Acting as the main point of contact with your customer
• Loading and unloading, or assisting with loading and unloading your vehicle.
Why Penske is for You:
Ready to put your truck-driving career in high gear? Make the shift and fuel your career as a CDL Class A/Touch Freight Truck Driver for Penske. When you join Penske, you join a team of professional truck drivers committed to delivering products safely and on time. And we’re proud to haul freight for some of the world’s leading brands.
But it’s more than that. It’s about incredible customer service and building relationships with your accounts. When you drive for Penske, you’re representing Penske, but you’re also representing your clients. In fact, you’ll probably be driving their branded trucks and wearing their uniform.
You’ll be on the move with Penske and so will your career. We have tons of training opportunities for you. And with locations across the nation, you can also move to a new city.
Best of all, you’ll be with a stable, nationwide company that is known for having the best equipment, great management, clear communication and a fantastic safety record. We pay every Friday, and for most of our driving positions, you’re home daily. Yes, daily. Are you ready to take it to the next level? Come drive for Penske.
• Outstanding company safety record
• Career stability and opportunity for growth
• Excellent benefits, including Health, Dental and Vision
• Lots of time off including paid holidays and vacation
• Driver referral bonuses
• 401k program with company match
• Company Paid life insurance and disability insurance
• Dedicated accounts
• Regular safety training
• Driver uniforms, jackets, safety gear, GO bags provided and much MORE!
• CDL Class A license with “H” (Hazmat) endorsement required
• Currently hold, or ability to obtain, a non-excepted interstate DOT medical card required
• 1 year of documented tractor-trailer experience in the last 3 years required, or 2 years of documented tractor-trailer experience in the last 5 years
• 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations or accidents
• Excellent customer service skills
• Focused on safety
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
• The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thanks for applying to Penske. Recruiters will review your application and be in touch shortly.
Please complete the full application to expedite the process.Complete Full Application
Thanks for applying to Penske. Unfortunately you didn't meet the minimal requirements for this job.
Don't worry, we've got you back. Click below to find companies you qualify for.Find Qualified Opportunities