WSI Transport Inc is Hiring CDL-A Drivers | No Touch Freight
WSI Transport has the opportunity for a Line Haul driver(s) that will be working out of the Lebanon, TN area. The position will be driving FedEx Ground truck to multiple terminals in the Tennessee area. We are looking for solo drivers with the ability to work night or day shifts. Team Drivers are encouraged to apply with many routes starting to open that will be available for teams. This positions allows driver to be home every night. This is all no touch freight.
As part of the line haul operations, a line haul driver is in charge of transporting materials, ensuring timelines and efficiency from one FedEx location to another.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections daily and ensure compliance with safety.
- Transport deliveries locally and OTR.
- Obtain and verify proper and correct documentation and paperwork for each load you are hauling.
- Adhere to specific routes assigned to you by your supervisor.
- Safely back up your trailer to a dock that might be surrounded by other trucks and in small spaces.
- Ensure the quality and safe delivery of all cargo you are transporting.
- It is extremely essential that the driver follow all company safety measures, DOT regulations traffic laws, and all FedEx protocols in place for the company to keep them and others safe.
- It will also be the driver’s responsibility to continue company-provided safety training on a scheduled basis.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions unless it would cause undue hardship to the company.
- Must have class “A” CDL with endorsements of doubles and triples.
- Must have a clean MVR and be able to pass a full background check.
- Must be 23 years or older and have a minimum of 2 years of CDL driving experience.
- Must have experience with Electronic Logs and good record-keeping skills.
Knowledge and Skills
- To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Effectively communicate with peers as well as build positive relationships with co-workers, managers, and all FedEx employees with whom you engage.
- Applied knowledge of commercial DOT driving regulations and state-specific regulations concerning freight deliveries.
- Ability to maneuver the assigned vehicle through traffic, to delivery locations, and backing up to dock.
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of 2 years CDL driving experience and possess all required endorsements. Preference is given to drivers with FedEx or similar operations experience.
- Work Environment
- This position is very physical and requires regular lifting, stooping, standing, bending, and extensive driving. There is regular exposure to the elements outdoors.