Stop your job search!
Now hiring for immediate openings for Class A drivers, and want you to join our team in Portland, OR
About the position:
- Compensation: Avg $1375+/week-$29/hr
- Sign-On Bonus: $3000!
- Quality Home Time:1 layover/week and home on weekends
- *Layovers in Hotels*
- Touch Freight
- Day Cabs and Straight Trucks
- Additional benefits: Have the opportunity to support a customer that cares for animal welfare!
- Full Time: Comprehensive benefit package – Health, Dental, Prescription and Vision insurance as well as 401k matching and stock purchase plan.
- Employee Discounts:
- Thousands of dollars off new car purchases!! BMW, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Fiat, GM & more!
- Up to 22% off monthly wireless bill and discounts on select wireless devices! (Verizon, ATT, T-Mobile, Sprint)
- Discounts on Goodyear, Bridgestone and Firestone tires and well as other auto care!
- Discounts on Samsung electronics and Electrolux, Frigidaire and Whirlpool appliances!
- Exclusive savings on movie tickets, theme parks, hotels, tours, Broadway and Vegas shows & more!
- Save up to 50% on flowers, gift baskets and jewelry to that special someone 😊
- Premiere status with United Airlines and Up to 70% off on over 150,000 hotels and resorts worldwide!
Ryder values our Drivers and their Referrals. $1,500 Referral Bonus for every driver who starts.
- Bluetooth hands-free devices permitted
- PTO beginning in first year
- 24/7 industry leading emergency roadside assistance to get you up and running quickly. Over 800 maintenance facilities nationwide. If your truck is down, you still get paid.
- Be the captain of your ship – we trust you to make decisions to keep yourself and others safe! We are committed to driver safety.
- Travel companion policy – need to bring a family member on the road with you? They’re our family too and because we know pets are family, this policy extends to them as well. *Select locations only
- Safest, reliable fleet in the industry
- Driver & employee appreciation events
- Driver of the Year program
- Driver mentor program that develops a culture focused on safety, support, trust, and respect.
- Career development opportunities to Certified Driver Trainer, management, and beyond.
- Team environment: Managers and dispatchers that you can trust. Get the respect you deserve. You have a voice in the company.
- Voted one of America’s Best Employers by Forbes four years in a row.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Provide appropriate CDL and endorsements for the position
- Must have Class A verifiable experience in a tractor trailer or comparable vehicle:
- 9 months experience within the past 3 years, OR
- 2 years’ experience within the last 5 years, OR
- 5 years’ experience within the last 10 years
- Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations policies and/or procedures
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
- Detecting and eliminating or minimizing safety hazards Maintaining accurate records and logs
- Loading/Unloading freight or assisting in the loading/unloading of freight if required by customer
- Performs other duties as assigned